Friday, February 04, 2005

Orrin Woodward - Reading

One of the great things about our business is the book of the month program. I have made it a point to own every book on the list of recommended reading from Orrin Woodward.

One of the books is entitled "Call to Duty - The Sterling Nobility of Robert E. Lee" by J. Steven Wilkins. In it, I found a quote by a British General, Garnett Joseph Wolsely, that speaks of my regard for Orrin.

"I have met with many of the great men of my time, but Lee alone impressed me with the feeling that I was in the presence of a man who was cast in a grander mould and made of different and finer metal than all other men. He is stamped upon my memory as being apart and superior to all others in every way, a man with whom none I ever knew and few of whom I have ever read are worthy to be classed."

I highly recommend that you read the book for insight into the character of great men -- the kind of men who comprise the leadership of our business. These are the kind of men with whom I am blessed to be in business and call my friends.