Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Servant Leader!

 Here's a great example of how a top leader inspires others!
Enjoy!
Capt. Bill

The longer I live, the more I realize the essential hunger inside of everyone to be accepted, approved and appreciated. If we, as human beings, could all learn to focus on others before focusing on ourselves, we would overcome so many of the problems that plague our society today. If we desire acceptance in life, then we must give acceptance. If we desire approval in life, then we must give approval. If we desire appreciation in life, then we must give appreciation. If we desire validation in life then we must give validation and if we desire smiles then give others your smile.


I know people can accuse me, an engineer, of losing my rationality and falling into sentimentality, but I know what I speak is true. A sincerely thought out and spoken or written comment can fuel a person for a week. I know many high achievers and it is as true for them as it is for a young child. Recognition: grown men die for it and babies cry for it. Do not hoard this precious gift. Do not feel that complimenting and praising others takes from you. Appreciation is one of the few gifts that the more you give it away, the more it returns to you. You will gather more bees with honey than vinegar. There is a shortage of honey and stockpiles of vinegar in life.

I want to thank all of my friends and family for the many kind words and encouraging statements. I will never be able to share how much they have meant to me. The world tends to beat the joy out of you, but you still have the choice of whether to surrender your joy. If you lost your joy, then choose now to reclaim it by giving away joy to others. Start a virtuous cycle of sincere praise and appreciation and let’s change the world one life at a time! Can you imagine if every person at every open encourage the other people at our opens? The Team would be well past one million people in no time at all! God Bless, Orrin Woodward